Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sixteenth Day...


Good morning to all. Last night was better than my day yesterday. Nurse Heather kept an eye on me while I slept. She says I haven't experienced any significant heart rate dips (episodes) overnight, that's good! The ventilator is really helping, but my O2 level still needs to come up some. This morning they'll do the daily chest X-ray, labs, and head to toe exam. My doc will take the info and form a daily treatment strategy as well determine if I can resume feedings. Man, some of that all natural milk would taste good! It's important that I start back feeding asap because the milk offers more substance than the IV (proteins & fats) stuff. The food Mommy makes promotes weight and strength gain and is better for me. I'm still on antibiotics, just in case there's a pesky infection hidden in me somewhere. So, we have many things going on and my docs are juggling a variety of issues. They're all great and I know I'm getting their best care. They are a real blessing!! The nurses and RT's continue to be really sweet to me and my family. As always God remains faithful! My Mommy and Daddy looked tired yesterday, but Jesus is sustaining them and me. It's all in God's hands. The other day my Daddy sat by my preemie condo, held my hand, and prayed that I would be dedicated to God's will, whatever He wants. God is using the great people here, but it's still His show. Today, pray for continued improvement in O2 level (breathing), resumed feeding, good labs, and strength. Your prayers are a treasured blessing and thank you so much for your faithfulness. You know, I've gotten messages from people all over the place letting me know of their prayers for me. That's awesome! JSR, later.

And Hannah prayed and said, “My heart exults in the Lord; my strength is exalted in the Lord. My mouth derides my enemies, because I rejoice in your salvation. There is none holy like the Lord; there is none besides you; there is no rock like our God."
1 Sam. 2:1-2 (ESV)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning little fellow,
Praise God from whom all blessing flow.
We thank God for the good night.
Pray you have a good day and get to enjoy good milk,that will make you grow strong.
We love you very much,meme and pop
p.s. you look so cute in that little dipper

heather said...

Hey Jonathan I am glad you had a good night. I hope your Mommy and Daddy get some rest and you too. keep getting stronger.

Anonymous said...

Praise God, you have the BEST Mom and Dad. They are faithful christians.

You look good today, I love looking at your pictures.

I continue to pray for you little one God bless you.
Jonathan's Paul's Granny

Anonymous said...

You are in our prayers at Covenant Presbyterian Church. Our little guy, Britton, knows all about the NICU.

Danny & Emily Giffen

Anonymous said...

To Keith and Rebecca - Your faith in God is such a blessing to us. We can just see God at work each day as we read the updates. You are both so truly encouraging. Just one thing to think about, it's okay to ask WHY, because even Jesus said, "My God My God Why has thou forsaken me?" Just know that your still human and you can still ask that question. Some may say that it's a lack of faith to put the word WHY in our vocabulary, but that's not at all true!! You may not get your answer right when you want it, but it's coming one day. Even when we are trying to be that strong and bold Christian, sometimes we just need to let go and let GOD. What I am trying to say is, don't be to hard on yourself at trying to be so stong. It's okay to have weak moments, when we are weak HE is strong. You are both such a blessing to us as we read you strong faith in Christ each day. Get some rest and we will check on yall tomorrow.

Jonathan----- we are praying for you little guy. You are so precious and so tiny!! Hang in there, you have to keep up the fight little fellow!!

Love,
Sharon and Rob (Cuz)
Amory, MS