Saturday, March 22, 2008

Thirty-Third Day (afternoon update)...

Hello, I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful day. Well, I hear it's really nice outside, but I wouldn't know since I'm cooped up in the NICU. That's ok though, there will be a day for me to play outside. The day is progressing nicely. Dee & Kelly are my nurses and they say I am doing really well. Feeds are going well, O2 stats are looking good, already had a good BM, and I'm lying on my tummy, YEAH! Lately I've been spending a lot of time on my back, which gets old quick. Some of you might be wondering why I make such a big deal about my bodily functions. BM's are real important for several reasons. They let everyone know all the plumbing is working, but they also show that my body is "processing" the nutrients out of my food. It's important that I get the most out of what I eat. Preemies often have trouble learning how to regulate themselves, which can potentially cause major health concerns. Pooping is one of the ways my body says, "Hey, I'm doing my job!" Also, if I poop on my own then I don't get the dreaded suppository. Anyone whose familiar with them will tell you they're no fun. Well, I've rambled on long enough. Later, JSR.

2 comments:

Lyn Jackson said...

WOW! Jonathan you are doing so good. What a wonderful God we have that hears us when we call on Him. You are such a special little one. I can hardly wait to see what God has in store for you when you grow up! Ok, so I got a little ahead of myself. I can only imagine how great the moment was when your sweet Mommy got to hold you and watch you sleep in her arms. I know Daddy can hardly wait for his turn. There's nothing like being able to touch and cuddle with a child you love so much. But I must warn you, when you get out there wil be so many ladies that will want to squeeze your squisshy puppy cheeks-you just get ready because it will happen. Me-I'm a feet person. A baby has the sweetest little feet and they fascinate me. What can I say. So maybe I'm a little crazy but your Mom and Dad know I love you all so much. We'll continue to pray and you continue to improve. Have a great Resurrection Sunday and give your folks a big hug from Big Mike and Lyn
Always Praying for you,
Lyn Jackson

Anonymous said...

Jonathan! On Resurrection Sunday there will be an entire room full of people praying to Jehovah Rapha that each day you will gain strength. You are precious to mommy and daddy but even moreso to the Lord and Father of us all. I am excited for you and what our Father has established for your life. Isn't it cool to have such loving parents? You can't beat it!