Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thirty-First Day (update)...

Hey guys, I'm sorry I'm so late updating everyone. We had a great day today! I went off the vent this afternoon around 1 o'clock. Dr. Strange was "really pleased" with how I responded to breathing with a CPAP. There's still a chance I might have to go back on the vent in the future. It all depends upon my ability to handle everything strength and stamina wise. Another important factor is my diet; I'm on a diet with actual food rather than IV fluids. The IV provides necessary nutrients, but it's the real stuff that helps you build muscle and mass. So, pray for strength, stamina, efficient breathing, and continued success in feedings. Dr. Strange suspended the gradual increase in the amount of milk at my feedings. This will give me a chance to adjust to this big change without the added stress of digesting a larger amount of food. Once I am breathing a little easier in a day or two then feeding increases will resume. Everyone here is doing all they can to help me so we don't have to go back to the ventilator. This is an answer to prayer so let's be sure to thank God for it. Night, JSR.

1 comment:

Jenny Ellison said...

It was such a pleasure to finally meet you! your nurses are so wonderful and so is your beautiful mommy! Daddy couldn't be there when I visited you, but I know he's thrilled about you! I'm so amazed you move around as much as you do and are so active. You make me tired just watching. Can't wait for my turn to get to hold you and hope it's soon! Love, your other Mimi :)