Saturday, March 8, 2008

Nineteenth Day (update)...

I thought I'd give you an afternoon update; the day has gone well. The doc on duty, Dr. Strange, increased my feedings from 1 cc to 2 cc every three hours. My labs have been cut from every six hours to every twelve hours. Also, my assistance from the ventilator has decreased. So, today has been a day of progress. However, I am experiencing what is termed as riding the ventilator. This can best be explained as me subconsciously realizing that the vent will work for me, therefore I get a little lazy and decide to let the vent breath 100% for me. This is a bad move because the vent is only here to help me. Whenever this happens all the lights and buzzers on the monitors go off. It's normal for preemies on the vent to go through this false sense of security. My nurse today is Julie and she's not too concerned about it. Well, that catches everything up. Thanks for your prayers. JSR, out.

No comments: