Saturday, March 8, 2008

Nineteenth Day...

Prayer for Spiritual Strength
"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father,
from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
Eph. 3:14-21 (ESV)
I hear it's snowing outside. My first snow and I'm stuck in the preemie condo. Earlier this morning my folks called to check on me and the report was "nothing new to report." Kim, my nurse, says I had a really good night and that I'm back to being my feisty ol' self. I'll take her word for it because I slept like a rock. This AM I'll have the daily routine of labs, X-rays, and what amounts to a complete physical. You wouldn't believe how thoroughly they check me each & every morning. I get a bumper to bumper inspection even if the staff thinks I'm in good shape. I'm glad they are so thorough and don't leave a single stone unturned. Incidentally, I'm 28 weeks old today, that's another week in the books. The NICU is filling up with other babies like me. It seems there a lot of us who were early to the party, LOL. Some of these guys & gals will be short timers and they'll leave in few days. Others are like me, we'll be here for the long haul. If something changes I'll let you know, but for now keep praying for improvement in all the usual areas (O2, strength & stamina, rest, and successful feedings). I hope everyone enjoys their day! Later, JSR.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jonathan, So happy you had a good night.I know this fine lady that ask about you every time I see her. Her name is Ms. Betty, she says"how is little Stephen doing? I am going to call him Stephen". Your Dad will know why. Pray you have a good day.We love you all. Pop & Meme.

Anonymous said...

We are enjoying reading your posts, JSR! It's encouraging to see you growing and making each day a testimony to God's love!

S. Gables

Burt said...

we took some snow pictures for you - remind me to show them to you when you get out