Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Twenty-Ninth Day...

"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
Psalm 62:6-7 (ESV)

Good evening from the NICU. I hope everyone had a great day. My day...let's just say I've been busy. Today was a good day for the ol' plumbing as evidenced by the two LARGE BM's I had earlier. A little while ago Kim, my nurse for the night, gave me a much needed blood boost. (I might have forgotten to mention that my labs have been moved to once every twelve hours, which is good.) Every few days I get some blood to help me replenish what is drawn for labs and such. Also, Dr. Strange increased my feedings to 18 cc (ml) and has taken me off the IV supplements. My diet is now 100% all natural milk, WOO-HOO!! I have had a few episodes where my stats dropped today, but the drops might be related to mucus build up. Because I am so drooly I produce more wet stuff than I can cough out. Over time a build up of retained mucus begins to hinder my breathing and heart rate. However, once they suction me out my stats improve to the acceptable range and I'm good to go for a while. It's normal for we little ones to produce more saliva than we can eject. So, the need for the occasional suctioning isn't alarming. Well, that pretty much catches you guys up with the latest news. Keep praying for my breathing issues as well as continued growth, strength, and successful feedings. I'm gonna turn in for the night, little boys need their sleep. Good night, sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jonathan, So glad you are off The iv and on milk. Each day is one step closer to going home.
My last visit I talked with some of the Parents and Grandparents of your roomies.It was a blessing to see how GOD is working in the lives of all the people there in the NICU. We pray you have a great day.
Love you all Pop & Meme.

Anonymous said...

Dear little one, once you can close your little mouth and get rid of the tubes I figure you can swallow a lot of the build up!!! I'm sure you are tired of having tubes.

You have so many of my friends praying for you,God is good.

Jon Jon Paul's Granny