Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thirty-First Day...

Good morning, now that our Internet access has been restored the updates will be more frequent. Hopefully, I'll be able to give everyone both a morning and an evening update with the latest news. Technology is great, but when it "glitches" it's a real headache. I want to thank each of you for your concern over these past few days. Mommy & Daddy told me they got calls from people worried that something was wrong since I hadn't updated as often. It really encourages me (us) to know that so many are keeping up with my journey and praying for me (us) each step along the way.

"Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed. Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever."
Psalm 28:6-9 (ESV)

I had a good night with lots of sleep and minimal issues. Elizabeth was my nurse and things went really well. At some point she started me on the medicine I mentioned in my last post. It seems to be helping because I haven't had any episodes since it kicked in. We'll see how the day goes and if this does the trick or if it only corrects part of the problem. My Dad called this morning and I heard her tell him I was doing "great!" I like those kind of reports. Today's focus will be on trying to get enough improvement in my overall breathing so I can kick this vent. The quicker I can get off the vent the better I'll be. Hopefully, that will happen at some point in the near future. Also, pray for continued strength and stamina. I'm about to enter the point in my treatment where they start working on making sure my bones are strong and that my whole body develops correctly. Up to this point my docs have been primarily concerned with my heart and lungs, but now the focus broadens, that means a whole bunch of new issues. We'll take 'em one at a time and pray our way through each one as it comes.

I'll update later today. Right now, it's time to start the morning routine. I hope everyone experiences Christ's presence today. Love, JSR.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless, Jonathan. We continue to pray for you daily.

Anonymous said...

That picture is precious, we will keep praying!
Wendy Russell

Anonymous said...

Love this picture, look at that sweet boy.