Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thirty-Seventh Day...

Greetings, I hope everyone had a good night. I'm sorry I didn't give you an evening update last night, but the day was long (it was late) and I was tired when it ended. I did well yesterday and last night. My feeds have gone up to 21 ml per serving, woo-hoo! I am still digesting my food without issue and all the parts that take out the trash are doing great. My O2 saturation rate is getting better. I'm breathing easier with fewer stat drops and when they do drop the range is much smaller than before. Also, I haven't had any episodes with my heart rate in the last two days, Yeah! I got a blood boost yesterday and it really picked me up. I wasn't showing signs of major fatigue, but I did need a little boost, which is expected. They do labs every 12 hours and they have been looking good. I think I forgot to mention that on Monday (35th Day) I had a head ultrasound. They do this periodically to check brain and skull development. It came back negative, which is good, PRAISE! So, I'm still progressing nicely and things are moving forward. That's all I have to update health wise, but there are a couple of other cool things I'd like to tell you about.

A voice says, “Cry!” And I said, “What shall I cry?” All flesh is
grass, and all its beauty is like the flower of the field. The grass
withers, the flower fades when the breath of the Lord blows on
it; surely the people are grass. The grass withers, the flower
fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.
Isa. 40:6-8 (ESV)

Yesterday Mommy and I got a HUGE surprise. A friend of my parents from their days at Beeson Divinity School dropped by for a visit. The thing is he lives in California! Yep, jumped on a plane and flew all the way to Alabama to see me. WOW!! His name is Darren and he's one of my Dad's best friends. God is using him to plant a church in Vacaville, a small town in the Bay area. He visited with us for a couple of hours til 6PM when they kick everyone out of the NICU. Afterwards he and my folks went to dinner. It's cool that God gives us things like that to encourage us. Another cool thing was my Pastor, Burt, and his wife, Anita, came by for a visit later in the evening. My Daddy and I were hanging out and I look up and there's my pastor. We hung out and chatted and then had prayer for me and my parents. They prayed for God's hand on my life and my relationship with Jesus. I'm sure I will begin to get a better understanding of what all this means when I get a little older. Well, that about covers it. I don't think I've forgotten anything, which is suprising, LOL. Today pray for continued lung development, good feedings, strength, and stamina. Thanks so much for all your prayers! I still remember my promise to give each of you a hug when I get outta here. God is so good; He's so good to me. Later, JSR.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jonathan, So glad you are doing well it is an anwser to many prayers.
I know your Mom & Dad were suprised to see Darren. He is a fine man whom GOD has good plans for.You will enjoy getting to know him. Hope you have a great day. We love you all
Pop & Meme.

Anonymous said...

They take so much blood from those little folks, sometimes they need a little back! Everything sound delightfully boring for you in the NICU!!! I pray every time I think of you and your parents!
Love
Wendy Russell