Sunday, March 16, 2008

Twenty-Seventh Day (evening update)...

Good evening from the NICU. My day remained pretty much the same as I reported earlier, ok but not great. One bit of good news that came from today was the positive results of my feedings. Right now I am doing really well digesting my food. If I continue to process my feedings they will keep increasing the serving size. Late this afternoon Dr. Mena upped my feeding size from 13 to 14 cc's every three hours. He also said that if I digest most of each feeding for three feedings in a row then the serving will increase by 1 cc. So, three consecutive successful feedings at 14 cc's means the next (fourth) feeding will go up to 15 cc's and so on. Pray that my digestion continues to progress. This is important to my overall growth and strength. Also, pray for my breathing issues as they continue to be a concern. I hope everyone has a good night of rest. I'll update at some point tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Jon, sorry I didn't get to "mail" you yesterday, but we did pray for specifics for you in Sunday school.I requested prayer for you daily also.

I pray your lungs will mature and you won't need help breathing.
You are a tough little one and I know so many of our prayers have alreday been answered.
As I have told you before someday I want to come to your church and meet you personally and Mom and Dad too. It would be great if Laura Paul- Cone could come with me. Sometimes they get to come here but with four kids[the Cone girls added toLaura's two boys]they can't come as often as we would like.

Three are involved in sports.

I will close now and pray for you immediately.

Jon Jon Paul's Granny

Susan said...

Hi Big Jon,

You are gaining weight! Just
wait until you get off all that "manufactured" faux food and taste your first bite of fresh peas and cornbread with a bowl of peach cobbler for dessert...or maybe the first watermelon of summer and ice cream that your granddad has churned just for you. Or maybe you'll fall in love with okra, picked early that morning and then fried up and on the table by dinner. There are so many new tastes and textures and smells just waiting for you out in the world of "big" people that you will get to experience all for yourself one day, Big Jon. You won't ever forget the aroma of bacon frying or popcorn popping or a strawberry when you first bite in to it.

You are going to find out soon enough that there is one "best" taste in the whole wide world and you maybe don't know it now, and then again maybe you do because who knows what little people are thinking, but that "taste" is Jesus. Psalms 34:8 says "taste and see that the Lord is good and blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him". From all that has happened in your first 28 days of being here with us it is evident that not only have you tasted the Lord and He has been good I think you've tasted and even received some extra helpings! There's one thing about it Big Jon, you will never want to be on a diet when it comes to tasting God--we can't ever get enough.

Your breathing will grow stronger each day--not only does God want us to "taste" Him, He is also "the Breath of Life". I'm so glad that He is so multi-purpose in our lives. He wants control over all of it including the air that we breathe. How could we ever thank Him enough for giving us the very life that breathes in and out of our lungs just like clockwork. There's one thing about it---it is so very true that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made". Be strong!

Love,

your "adopted" aunt Sooz

Laura said...

Hello, Ray family. Missed you guys at church yesterday. Still praying for Sweet Baby Ray.

Kara said...

Good job Jonathan! Keep up the good work! I am glad that you enjoy natural milk to formula.